Compassionate Family Law Guidance
Most of the time, family law cases involve difficult situations that disrupt your entire life. Whether you are going through a divorce, attempting to enforce a child support order or need to modify a custody order, you need a steady rock who will handle your case with skill and compassion.
At Oliver Hughes LLC, attorney Amber R. Oliver has extensive family law experience and has handled many complex cases. She understands how distressing these situations can be and works hard in every case to find the right resolution to meet each client’s unique needs. Our entire team will be here for you to answer your questions and fight for your rights.
Looking Out For You During Your Divorce
Even the most amicable divorce can be stressful, and if you face any disagreement with your ex, you may not know what to do next. We will look out for you at every phase of your divorce process and be there to answer you questions. Common issues you will likely need to address include:
- Property division – Georgia law specifies how the court should value and equitably divide marital property during your divorce.
- Child support – If you have children, the court will insist that you both provide for them financially and will apply the Georgia state child support guidelines.
- Child custody – State law encourages both parents to be an active part of their children’s lives and share custody of their children whenever possible.
- Grounds for divorce – Georgia is still an at-fault divorce state, which means you will have to select from several different reasons for your divorce.
If you and your ex are able to agree on most of the matters, you may be able to settle your divorce through negotiation or mediation and avoid the courtroom. If you cannot come to an agreement, however, Ms. Oliver is an experienced litigator who will take your case to trial.
Factors That Make A Divorce Complex
Certain factors can make a divorce even more complicated than it already is. These factors can include business ownership, high-value assets and hidden assets. Ms. Oliver has a long history of handling these complex cases. When you need skill and experience on your side, reach out to Oliver Hughes LLC.
Family Law Beyond Divorce
Circumstances may arise outside of marriage, before divorce or after the divorce that require the help of an attorney. We can assist you with:
- Custody or child support modification – When circumstances change, you may need your custody or child support orders to change with them. Though these orders are never final and a court will consider modification, the request must meet certain criteria.
- Contempt orders – If your ex is failing to abide by some aspect of a court order, whether regarding property division, child support or custody, you can seek the help of the court.
- Protective orders – If you fear for your safety or that of your children, we can help you petition for a protective order.
The team at Oliver Hughes LLC is here for you, no matter what your family law problem. We always take the time to find out what our clients’ legal goals are so that we can help them get there.